Sunday, August 21, 2011

Starting a diet today, but is that Chocolate I hear calling??!!



Last night, I postponed getting dressed for an engagement party my husband and I would be attending as I knew finding something to wear was going to be a problem. My clothes have been feeling uncomfortable lately.  Slacks that used to be roomy were now snug; this is never a good sign.  My hopes of feeling decent about how I would look were not high. 

Eventually, the time had come.  With trepidation I walked into my closet and simply stared at the choices.  I knew there was my standard black dress that would be my fall back item, but I’ve worn it many times before and didn’t really want to wear it again.  One by one I slid my clothes from one side of the rod to the other.  I had some very nice black slacks from the time I lost 24 pounds on Weight Watchers.   They would be perfect, if they were two sizes larger.  Or, even better, if I was presently two sizes smaller!  In reality, those slacks were not even an option.

The sliding continued.  There was a lovely blouse that would really dress up the black slacks I recently bought, slacks that do fit.  With confidence I took the blouse from the closet and tried it on.  It looked absolutely horrible!  What was up should be down, what was down should be up, and what should not be, was!  Disgusted, I took the blouse off, throwing it on the bed with rising panic. At this point I had 40 minutes to get ready. I returned to the closet.

One by one, items I used to feel comfortable in, items that used to look relatively nice, fit right, were tossed on the bed.  Nothing was working.  I decided to take a break and apply my make-up.  Something had to get done at least!

Looking in the mirror, applying eye shadow, I realized, it’s time.  I need to go back on Weight Watchers, or do something of equal value right away.  Excuses need to stop.  Decision made – but I still needed to get dressed for the party!!

I returned to the closet.  I reached for my tried and true black dress.  Luckily, it fit; unluckily, it didn’t fit right.  It zipped, hallelujah, but it was just all wrong.  Now I was in deep trouble.  My husband was giving me a 20-minute warning and there I was, with no options.  THIS was a problem.

In the end I grabbed a loose fitting summer sweater and dressed it up with jewelry, but this has to end.  So, I am promising here and now to watch what I eat.  But wait, my husband just brought a snickers bar in the room and he’s offering me a bite…it looks so darn good!!  One bite, just one………….??

How many points to one bite????

Who starts a diet on Sunday anyway?????

No comments: