Thursday, September 15, 2011

My friends, My Support



I am so thankful and appreciative - I have the best friends in the world!  Two days ago I was stressed to the breaking point.  I could explain what I was upset about, but in truth, the facts behind the angst don’t really matter.  Suffice it to say that I was overwhelmed with requests and demands, something I’m sure everyone deals with from time to time.  With thoughtless comments, what should be a request becomes a demand that falls solely to me.  With no appreciation and no consideration, those ‘requests’ become overwhelming.

I could feel the steam building.  The pressure and lack of respect was reaching a boiling point.  Losing control wouldn’t be good for anyone, especially me.  Thankfully, I turned to my relief valve, my solid arsenal of friends.  A group of women who are in the same boat; dealing with many of the same issues.  Women who listened and really heard me, truly understood, and honestly offered both advice and compassion.  The ability to verbalize my feelings without worry for how I sounded was all I needed.  I could feel the pressure easing and the steam releasing, explosion avoided.

How can I stress the importance of my friends in my life?  Where would I be without their support and love?  This blog is dedicated to each and every one of them.  To the women in my life who take the time out of their hectic day to lend an ear and let me speak, I thank you.  To my friends and to my special beautiful cousin (you know who you are) who hear me out and who give me freedom to just spew without feeling self-conscious, I love you. To my husband, daughter and son who listen and live these experiences with me, you are my heart.

This morning I had the pleasure of meeting one of my amazing friends for coffee.  She listened to my frustrations and as my tears welled up, she offered all I needed, her understanding and love.  How can you beat that?  Love, understanding with an onion bagel and coffee!  Life doesn’t get any better!

Thank you my friends.  I only wish everyone reading this would have the same supportive, loving, caring people in their lives as I do.  My friends certainly help make my world beautiful.  Perhaps if everyone had caring people in their lives the world wouldn’t be so harsh.   One can hope. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was lovely!

A Woman's Room said...

Thank you....it's definitely heartfelt.