Saturday, November 5, 2011

Too Late For Lunch ~ Too Early For Dinner!



Too late for lunch, too early for dinner
If I eat now, I’ll get fatter, not thinner
But hunger has struck like the clock at three
As I gaze in the fridge, longingly…

There’s juice and milk, pickles and butter
But nothing that makes my heart flutter.
So down one shelf I peek some more
Some yogurt, an apple, oh what a bore!

Then one shelf below, I start to shake!
A leftover piece of creamy cheesecake!
I try to ignore it with all my might
But cheesecake is a true delight…

Maybe just a sliver will suffice
Carefully I cut a super thin slice
Placed on its side the little piece sat
It looked amazing, (though a little flat),

My fork cut through with silky ease
My taste buds ready for my cake of cheese…
I closed my eyes; it was so smooth
Maybe being fat was a worthy move?

The creamy sweetness on my lips;
The calories heading for my hips ~
I savored each bite with blissful pleasure.
A piece of heaven, a worthy treasure~

So when it’s too late for lunch, too early for dinner
And you’re in search of a treat that’s really a winner
Don’t feel guilty, choose your snack with flair
There’ll be plenty time later to hit the stairs!

No comments: