Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Rainy, Wet Start to the Day!




The rain was pounding against the windows.  Leaves were blowing off the trees then sticking to the driveway and the road as if they were glued.  I grabbed my raincoat headed out the door, running to the car to minimize the wetness.  (My umbrella was nowhere to be found!)  The car was a welcome place of dryness.  As I backed out of the driveway, a huge gust of wind blew our neighbor’s trashcan right smack into my back bumper!  After putting the car in park, I ran out to check the bumper, luckily, by some miracle, it was fine.  The trashcan was drenched and the lid, which had blown off, was full of dirty water.  I picked it up hastily and the water poured down my pants leg.  Blech!

I schlepped the trashcan up their driveway and on my way running back to the car, I slipped on one of those leaves and landed flat on my back with the rain pelting me in the face.  This was not a great start to the day.

As smoothly as I could, I picked myself up off the ground.  Luckily, only my pride was hurt. I WALKED back into the garage as I was already soaked and then tiptoed into the house leaving a trail of dirty water on the foyer floor.  I had to get a towel and dry off – after quickly changing my slacks.

After cleaning up as best I could, and wiping the foyer floor, too, I went back out to the car…carefully. 

Okay now…heading to work.  The day is not starting off very well, but hey, let’s hope it goes up from here!!

No comments: