Monday, June 11, 2012

Another Day.....Another Email Trail.....



The following is an actual email trail between my husband and I from earlier today.  I know I have not had the opportunity to write on AWomansRoom as often as I had before because of my new full time position.  Becoming adjusted to the job is more of a struggle than anticipated.  Some days, all creativity is sapped from my body, but today I went a little crazy......

Read and please enjoy:

My Husband wrote:  I could use a cookie or 2 right now – I am so hungry!!

I responded:  Did you eat your granola bar?

My Husband wrote:  Yes – I ate that at 10:00!!

I responded:  Hmmmmmm....nothing else hanging around?  You have lunch at noon though, right?  It's only 39 minutes away....not that I'm counting or anything!

My Husband wrote: I can wait until 12:00 – 

I responded:  You may faint from starvation.  Have some fish. 

My Husband wrote:  Ha Ha Fish!!

I responded:  Fish is a dish for which I wish – think there’s a fish knish?

My Husband wrote:  Oy vey!!

I responded:  What can I say...I’ve lost my mind

My Husband wrote: A mind is a terrible thing to waste!

I responded: 

Very true.

Very true…..

I think my mind….

Fell on my shoe……

It’s on my shoe

And now I’m blue

I have no clue

What I should do!

My Husband wrote:  Oy!

I responded:  

Oy is what you said to me

Oy you said so casually

You did not say oh my or such

You used oy as a true crutch

Now I sit here and mull your word

It’s actually a bit absurd

To hear that word in this place

Is like a fish flying through space

It has no place, no meaning here

No one would “get it”..that is clear

They’d think it odd, weird or strange

They’d think I was quite deranged

Perhaps I am, yes, it might be true

And so I’ll say ‘oy’ right back to you!

This is what happens when a new job stresses me out......

Hopefully I'll have more time to write a blog soon!!




No comments: